Guide To Building Your First Web Page – What Will You Need?
If you are considering building your first web page but confused about where to start this guide will tell you exactly what you will need. A common misconception with beginners is that web design is expensive and VERY hard to do by your self. Although some types of web design can be challenging, software provided by many popular web hosting providers make creating your first web site a breeze.
In this guide I will outline two different methods of building a professional web site with ease for only $3.95 a month! If you follow these simple steps you will be on your way to building your first web page.
Method #1 – Using WordPress To Create Your Site – **Editor Suggested**
WordPress is by far the easiest way to create a web page for the first time. In fact, this very blog is created in wordpress and is very easy to maintain. Most web hosting providers make wordpress installations very easy all you have to do is follow these steps to create your first web site.
- Register for web hosting at HostMonster. Web hosting with Hostmonster typically cost $6.95 a month; however, we have worked out a deal with them and can offer you the same hosting for only $3.95 a month! To get this special rate all you need to do is click on our exclusive link above.
- After signing up for web hosting you will need to go to HostMonster.com and log in your account. After logging into your account CPANEL you will see a button toward the bottom of the page called, “SimpleScripts”, simply click this button.
- From this screen you can select WordPress and follow the on screen directions to install wordpress on your server FOR FREE. HostMonster makes the WordPress install super easy in comparrison to other hosting sites.
- After installing wordpress you will be able to log into your new account (instructions will be emailed to you). Once logged in you can eaily install any free wordpress theme , AlreadyHosting.com offers a few free wordpress themes; however, if you Google wordpress themes you will find thousands more!
- WordPress takes all of the design out of web design and all you have to do is sign up for web hosting at HostMonster and the rest is free, including your domain name. There are custom wordpress themes for every type of website including: blogs, real estate, churches, schools, business, and so much more!
- Congratulations you just built your first professional website in a matter of minutes and the best part is it will only cost you $3.95 a month!
Method #2 – Using SiteBuilder Programs
Many web hosting providers will include free sitebuilder software with the purchase of web hosting. HostMonster, Bluehost, and JustHost all offer great and easy to use sitebuilder programs.
- Register for a web hosting account at: Hostmonster, Bluehost, or Justhost (only $3.95 a month)
- Login to your hosting account CPANEL (Instructions will be emailed to you after step 1)
- Click the button that says sitebuilder
- Follow on screen directions
- Congrats, in only 4 steps and less that $4 a month you will have your very first professional web page.
Don’t let other companies fool you into spending hundreds of dollars on web design because in reality all you will need is a web hosting account (see above). Follow the easy instructions in our guide to building your first web page above and you will be on your way to creating you first web site.