Merry Christmas Eve!
Today’s web hosting tip has to do with customer support!
Regardless if you are a beginner webmaster or an expert; you will most likely experience a problem with your web hosting from one time or another. Online businesses cannot make money when their website is down, for some sites one hour of server down time can equal thousands of dollars.
A web host with good customer support can provide you with help regardless of the time of day and can help you with any problems that you may face. Before choosing a web host it is wise to do some research on the web hosting provider’s customer support team. Here are some important things to consider when doing your research:
1. Make sure the web hosting company offers 24/7 customer support.
2. Make sure the company has a toll free 1-800 number.
3. Does the company offer Live-Chat support for a quick solution to small problems?
4. How long do you have to wait on hold to get help? (I suggest calling the host before ordering and see how long it takes to get help.)
5. How friendly is the support team?
During the past few posts I have discussed my experience with HostMonster. I have been VERY pleased with our host’s customer support! HostMonster is very friendly and offers a prompt response to any of my questions.